Here on ActiveGrowth, I'm always looking for tools and strategies that will make you a better entrepreneur.
Note the emphasis, there: it's about you becoming a better, more focused, stronger entrepreneur. That's a key point. External things like technology and marketing tactics matter, but not as much as you.
The greatest tool you'll ever be able to apply to building a business is your brain. And today's episode is all about those two things: becoming a better entrepreneur by building a stronger brain.
Listen in to hear our unconventional, but highly effective approach to this.
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Subscribe to the ActiveGrowth Podcast using your favorite app:
What You'll Discover in this Episode
Here's a good primer to the episode (we mention this video in the podcast as well):
- Why sitting is the new smoking and what that means for your productivity.
- The tricks we use to get our bodies moving more, without having to do more exercise.
- Why "domesticated humans" will never be as effective as "wild" humans.
- The tools, gadgets and apps we use to stay on the wild side.
- Why the mind-body connection is far from trivial, for entrepreneurs and creative workers.
Here are the resources we mentioned during the episode:
- Book: Spark - How Exercise Will Improve the Performance of Your Brain by John J. Ratey and Eric Hagerman
- Book: Movement Matters by Katy Bowman.
- Use a laptop stand like this one to give yourself a standing desk, floor desk and many other potential work positions on the cheap.
- Another good standing desk option is The Free Desk. Not as flexible, but more stylish and solid.
- Fitness trackers like these from Garmin or these from Fitbit can be surprisingly effective in getting you to move more.
- Studies like this one indicate that the way we experience our bodies and minds deteriorate with age may not be the norm.
- Do you want to hear more from Miquel and Matt? Check out the group podcast episode here!
What was your favorite takeaway from this episode? Do you have other tips for working like an animal? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Also, if you have a question for me that you'd like me to answer on the podcast, send a tweet to @actigrow or leave a voice message below.
Thanks for listening!