Trends are changing faster than ever before. Most of us still remember life without the internet, yet even what used to be "the thing" online is outdated now. Those who want to keep on growing simply have to keep up.
Online advertising, the lifeblood of much of the internet as we know it, is slowly dying. We can feel the next wave coming. Those who can catch it early could win in a big way.
If you've been wondering why your online ads are less successful than they were in the past or you're a creator or personal brand, this episode is for you.
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Subscribe to the ActiveGrowth Podcast using your favorite app:
What You'll Discover in this Episode:
- Why Facebook, Google and other online ads are becoming less and less effective.
- What is banner blindness and can you do anything about it?
- How Patreon is based on an idea that seems doomed to fail - but may be the future of the internet.
- What is crowdfunding about and is it something you should take part in?
- The top players on Patreon, what they do, how much they make and how they get their fans to donate even though they're already rich.
- The difference between value-based business and indirect business. Which one to pursue?
- Why are people happy to give money to creators, even though they're not obliged to do so?
Here are the resources we mentioned during the episode:
- We got the case study on chocolates from the book Predictably Irrational by Dr. Dan Ariely
- Check out Patreon, maybe it's time to create your page!
- See Patreon statistics and the top creators' earnings on Graphtreon
- Check out Twitch, the site where you can watch gamers play video games.
- YouTube's announcement on changing the monetization treshold for channels
- Read Kevin Kelly's famous article, 1000 true fans - or watch him talk about it.
- Had enough of ads? Try Brave Browser (and browse faster).
- To be a part of Brave Browser and benefit from the time-based shares, you can register your website to Basic Attention Token here.
Time to Collect Patrons?
Are you already using one of these crowfunding platforms? How could your business model benefit from Patreon? Share your thoughts with us on this new way of making money and keeping your fans, in the comments below!
Also, if you have a question that you'd like to be answered on the podcast, send a tweet to @actigrow or leave a voice message below.
Thanks for listening!