A tried and true method of getting more traffic and getting traction for your business is collaboration. Specifically, collaboration with people and companies that are ahead of you in the game – those that have greater reach than you and can give you access to audiences you can’t otherwise reach.
This is the basis of guest posting, JV promotions, cross-selling and many other promotional strategies.
But how exactly can you contact an influencer who could help your business in such a way that you don’t just get ignored? Listen to today’s podcast episode to find out:
Click here to download the MP3 file for this episode.
Links & Resources
In this Episode:
- Why learning how to contact influencers correctly is one of the best ways to go “from zero to something”, with a new business or new website.
- The majority of requests influential people receive are clumsy and really not worth considering (for them). This is an opportunity for you.
- The simple 24-hours test that helps you write better outreach messages.
- The me/you analysis: a simple method that will reveal with high certainty whether your message has any chance of being considered by the recipient or not.
- How to consider the time/effort balance and avoid making veiled requests instead of enticing offers.
- Why even in outreach messages, specific offers are far more effective than vague offers.
- How to not just send a generic message, but make an irresistible offer, no matter who you contact.
- The most effective (long term) networking strategy that has ever been used on me.
- Example: dos and don’ts of pitching a guest post.
I hope you enjoy this episode! If you have any questions about how to make outreach marketing work or have some examples of your own to share, please leave a comment below.
Also, if you like the Impact Marketing Podcast, I’d super-appreciate a rating and review on iTunes or Stitcher.