A tried and true method of getting more traffic and getting traction for your business is collaboration. Specifically, collaboration with people and companies that are ahead of you in the game – those that have greater reach than you and can give you access to audiences you can’t otherwise reach.
This is the basis of guest posting, JV promotions, cross-selling and many other promotional strategies.
But how exactly can you contact an influencer who could help your business in such a way that you don’t just get ignored? Listen to today’s podcast episode to find out:
[thrive_borderless type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’1′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’1′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′ position=’default’]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOdJMLkvls[/thrive_borderless]
Links & Resources
- Podcast episode with Dan Andrews: location independent lifestyle & more.
- Book: Influence by Robert Cialdini – great resource for many things, including outreach marketing.
- Book: Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz – all about networking and outreach.
- Neil Patel recommends finding and offering to fix people’s broken links as a strategy both for SEO and networking.
- The excellent guest webinar that got some hate (mentioned in the episode).
In this Episode:
- Why learning how to contact influencers correctly is one of the best ways to go “from zero to something”, with a new business or new website.
- The majority of requests influential people receive are clumsy and really not worth considering (for them). This is an opportunity for you.
- The simple 24-hours test that helps you write better outreach messages.
- The me/you analysis: a simple method that will reveal with high certainty whether your message has any chance of being considered by the recipient or not.
- How to consider the time/effort balance and avoid making veiled requests instead of enticing offers.
- Why even in outreach messages, specific offers are far more effective than vague offers.
- How to not just send a generic message, but make an irresistible offer, no matter who you contact.
- The most effective (long term) networking strategy that has ever been used on me.
- Example: dos and don’ts of pitching a guest post.
I hope you enjoy this episode! If you have any questions about how to make outreach marketing work or have some examples of your own to share, please leave a comment below.