Welcome to ActiveGrowth: What’s New Apart from the Name?
If you've been following us for a while, you'll notice that the name of this site has changed. What's behind this new name and the re-branding? What will be new, what will be the same, going forward?
Read on to find out...
Too Much to Do, Too Little Time
Since its inception, this website has gone through many phases. It started out as a review website, then turned into more of a personal blog where I wrote about my own experiences and experimentation with business building.
There was a phase where I wrote a lot about SEO and reviewed SEO tools. Then there was a phase where it was all about creating offers, crafting better value propositions and getting the business fundamentals right.
Why all this transformation?
Because this site has never been primarily a business. It's always been a place for me to share my thoughts and findings about whatever I currently was working on in my businesses.
The problem with this becomes clear when you look at the posting frequency on the blog. The more time went on, the scarcer new posts became. That's simply because more and more of my time was occupied with working on my businesses, such as Thrive Themes. The more time these projects took up, the less I got around to posting anything here.
I could easily just abandon this site and move on. But I think there's too much value (and even more potential value) here. It would be a shame to let it wither and die.
ActiveGrowth is the revival of this website and to keep providing you with top-notch information, this website is no longer a one-person operation.
From now on, there will be a team of people working on the site, so it keeps going with or without my direct involvement.
With this new team, we're starting a few experiments, the results of which you'll see here soon. Some of the things we're lining up:
- Return of reviews: my all time most popular posts on the site are in-depth product reviews and comparison reviews. It's still exceedingly rare to find real and detailed reviews in the online marketing space and I want to bring this back as a major component of ActiveGrowth.
- New podcast: we're working on launching a new, highly experimental podcast. We want to see if it's possible to grow an audience by taking a totally different approach from the norm.
This doesn't mean that we're starting all over though...
What Stays the Same?
The tone and purpose of this website will remain. There are a few things that readers have come to expect, such as:
- Brutal honesty in product reviews. Even if we spend a lot of money on a review and everything we test is crap, we'll simply tell you exactly that and take the loss.
- Anti click-bait: a lot of the content here isn't of the audience pleasing type. We write about complicated things, advanced things and "unsexy" but important things that help you actually grow your business.
- No coddling: here, you get a direct, face-to-face view of marketing and online business strategy. We don't speak to you from a high horse or patronize you with overly simplified content.
About This New Podcast...
As mentioned above, we're working on a new ActiveGrowth podcast.
This will not just be any marketing podcast. Our goal is to do something entirely different. If you listen to marketing podcasts, I'm sure you'll agree that many of them are almost indistinguishably similar. There's something of an established formula for how to do a podcast.
In that sense, what we're making is the anti-podcast. The one that really stands out.
One of the ways to do this requires your help.
We do not want this podcast to be a monologue but a dialogue and that's where you come in.
If you're on board with this idea, you can help us out by hopping on a short 15 min call with me or one of the team members to talk about your business, your struggles, your big and small wins, etc. And by participating you might even get featured on a future podcast episode!
Simply fill out the form below and we'll be in touch.
We'd Love to Hear From You
How do you feel about this re branding? What is your favorite content? Let us know in the comments below!
P.S.: If you're here as this is published, you'll notice that we don't even have a logo for ActiveGrowth yet. And neither do we have a new site design. This is deliberate.
Because logos and site redesigns are nice, but they aren't what matters most. And when we talk about the importance of launching soon and starting a feedback loop, we mean it.